Comments on the Article ‘Achilles Tendinopathy: Comparison between Shockwave and Ultrasound Therapy’
Department of Physiotherapy, Faculty of Health and Caring Sciences, University of West Attica, Greece
Received Date: 20/10/2020; Published Date: 25/11/2020
*Corresponding author: Dimitrios Stasinopoulos, Assistant Professor, Physiotherapy, Dept. of Physiotherapy, Faculty of Health and Caring Sciences, University of West Attica, Member of Laboratory of Neuromuscular & Cardiovascular Study of Motion (LANECASM), Agiou Spyridonos 28, Egaleo 12243, Athens –Greece
Cite this article: Dimitrios Stasinopoulos*, Comments on the Article ‘Achilles Tendinopathy: Comparison between Shockwave and Ultrasound Therapy’. Op Acc J Bio Sci & Res 4(1)-2020.
I read very carefully the article ‘Achilles tendinopathy: Comparison between shockwave and ultrasound therapy’ by Dedes et al.  and I would like to report the following about the ultrasound parameters:
1. The authors of the above study did not mention the pulse ratio
2. They used incorrect intensity. The maximum intensity using pulsed ultrasound is 0.8-1 W/cm2 
3. They did not mention the duration of treatment.
4. They did not mention which transducer was used
5. They did not refer to the movement or not of the transducer
6. The Coupling medium was not described
7. The treatment interval was not clear
8. The effective radiated area was not mentioned
9. They did not calculate the energy density, the total energy and the dose per treatment 
The effectiveness of ultrasound therapy is based on its parameters . The conclusion of the above study  must be read very carefully because Parameters were nor referred in detail.
1. Dedes V, Mitseas A, Polikandrioti M, Dede AM, Perrea A, et al. (2020) Comparison between shockwave and ultrasound therapy. International Journal of Physical Education, Sports and Health 7(4): 239-243.
2. Watson T (2008) Electrotherapy evidence based therapy. 12th edn: Churchill Livingstone Elsevier.
3. Belanger AY (2015) Therapeutic Electrophysical Agents. Evidence Behind Practice. Wolters Kluwer.
4. Stasinopoulos D, Cheimonidou AZ, Chatzidamianos T (2013) Are there effective ultrasound parameters in the management of lateral elbow tendinopathy? A systematic review of the literature. Int J Phys Med Rehabil 1: 117.